Lisa joined Jiwa Law Corporation as an Articled Student in the spring of 2020 after completing her Juris Doctor at the Peter A. Allard School of Law at the University of British Columbia. Prior to attending law school Lisa completed both her Bachelor of Arts (University of Toronto) and Master of Arts (Brock University).
Lisa has previous experience working in a full-service firm in Port Moody, BC, as a legal assistant primarily helping lawyers in the firm with Estate matters, an area of law Lisa hopes to pursue in the future.
Lisa was born in Vancouver but spent a large part of her life in the Greater Toronto Area and in Europe. She is excited to begin her legal career in her hometown and looks forward to serving her community.
Outside the office Lisa enjoys volunteering with PADS (Pacific Assistance Dogs Society), spending time with friends and family and playing competitive soccer.
University of British Columbia, Peter A. Allard School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2020
Master of Arts, 2014
University of Toronto
Honours Bachelor of Arts, 2012
British Columbia, Anticipated May 2021
Law Society of British Columbia, Articled Student
Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia, Articled Student Member
Recent Blog Posts
- Judge Points to BC Court Registry Flaw where Litigant Sought 500,000 Tesla Shares as Remedy
- BC Supreme Court Strikes Down Civil Resolution Tribunal’s Jurisdiction in ICBC Cases
- BC Extends Suspension of Civil Jury Trials Due to Covid-19
- Family Feud: Top 8 Things To Have Before Asking for a Divorce
- What are the ICBC Minor Injury Caps for Accidents after April 1, 2019?